Best Practices in the Teaching of Research: Blending Pedagogical Techniques and Smart Technologies
March 23-25, 2020
Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines
Effective research instruction requires an expert understanding of the 21st century pedagogy-technology nexus. A competent research teacher should be able to weave research theories, principles and knowledge with available technologies, applications and software. In the Conceptual Age where models of teaching demands a more sophisticated approach, how can a teacher of research efficiently blend pedagogy that develops the student’s critical and strategic knowledge with smart technologies that mold their procedural skills?
Aiming to capacitate and guide every teacher in research instruction, the Asian Society of Teachers Inc. holds the Training-Workshop on Best Practices in the Teaching of Research: Blending Pedagogical Techniques and Smart Technologies on March 23-25, 2020 at Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To apply best practices in teaching research that result to publication of outputs;
- To adopt smart technologies in literature search, evaluation of articles, documentation, plagiarism, grammar and vocabulary; and
- To apply state-of-the-art techniques in thesis writing, oral defenses and research translation.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos (regular registration rate); 6000 pesos (onsite registration rate) which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, registration ids and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the TrainingWorkshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop. For onsite payments the following additional documents are required: Travel Order, Hotel Accommodation, and Flight Details, among others.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on March 19, 2020, Wednesday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union or MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels.Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.