Best Practices in the Teaching of Research: Blending Pedagogical Techniques & Smart Technologies Under the New Normal Environment
July 27-28, 2020
Considering safety and health at the paramount, the COVID-19 pandemic has become an impetus for schools, universities, and colleges to reimagine new forms of education as a substitute to the traditional, physical teacher-student interaction. An effective research instruction requires an expert understanding of the 21st century pedagogy-technology nexus and the complications brought about by these times. As blended learning and emerging technologies in education takes renewed interest, how can a teacher of research unlearn traditional, old modes of education and acquire new skills of blended, online learning engagement that blend pedagogy that develops the student’s critical and strategic knowledge with smart technologies that mold their procedural skills?
With this in mind, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to a webinar, Best Practices in the Teaching of Research: Blending Pedagogical Techniques and Smart Technologies Under the New Normal Environment on July 27-28, 2020 (9:00 am -5:00 pm, daily).
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To apply best practices in teaching research that result to publication of outputs;
- To adopt smart technologies in literature search, evaluation of articles, documentation, plagiarism, grammar and vocabulary; and
- To apply state-of-the-art techniques in thesis writing, oral defenses and research translation suited to the new normal conditions.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2000 PhP. A discounted rate of 1500 PhP is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on July 24, 2020, Friday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online pre-registration through the following link: https://forms.gle/kh25hNEHiLurLcw39
- Once complete pre-registration details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the preregistration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant.
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Appearance. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.