Designing Research in the New Normal
August 13-14, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to push researchers to create innovative and novel ways for the digitalization of the research process, we continue to navigate a significant paradigm shift in research goals and methods at a dizzying pace in such a unique time. As the pandemic calls for a more digitalization of research and its processes, how does one design a research fit for the new normal? Adapting to the COVID-19 challenge, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to a webinar, Designing Research in the New Normal on August 13-14, 2020 (9:00 am -5:00 pm, daily).
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To select research topics suited for new normal conditions;
- To find scientific sources in support of the research topics;
- To design appropriate methodology for the chosen topic; and
- To assess the quality of the research proposal.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2000 PhP. A discounted rate of v is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on August 11, 2020, Tuesday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online pre-registration through the following link: https://forms.gle/FbaE9SV2UJDgait4A
- Once complete pre-registration details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant.
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Appearance. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.