Doing and Publishing a Qualitative Research: A Beginner’s Survival Guide
October 5-6, 2020 via ZOOM
Many novice researchers believe that qualitative approach in doing research is inferior to the quantitative approach. In fact, the ratio of published qualitative to quantitative theses and dissertations is unbalanced; more researches are lodged under the quantitative side. However, both approaches have strengths and limitations. Qualitative research is, in fact, indispensable in answering research questions that could not be solved by numbers alone.
To strengthen the capability of tenderfoot researchers about the ins and outs of doing and publishing a qualitative research, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc holds the virtual training-workshop on Doing and Publishing a Qualitative Research: A Beginner’s Survival Guide on October 5-6, 2020 (9:00 am -5:00 pm, daily) with our Resource Speaker, Dr. Ferdinand E. Bulusan.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR:
- To select a journal during the writing of the research proposal;
- To learn the publication standards and style of the chosen journal;
- To write the parts and sections of the paper according to the requirements of the journal; and
- To prepare for editorial requirements for paper submission
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2000 PhP. A discounted rate of v is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on October 3, 2020, Saturday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online pre-registration through the following link: https://forms.gle/WFCgkSoiBY8SREBk6
- Once complete pre-registration details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]search.org; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant.
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Participation. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
RESOURCE SPEAKER BIONOTE
Dr. Ferdinand E. Bulusan is an educator serving in different capacities as a book author, research consultant, editor and peer reviewer of Scopus and Web of Science Indexed Journals, and perennial trainer and resource speaker on campus journalism, research methods and publication, teaching strategies and instructional materials development, among others.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.