International Webinar on Research Advising for Qualitative Research
March 25-27, 2021
Via ZOOM Teleconferencing
With institutions giving more premium on quantitative research as evidenced by research pedagogy and praxis more centered on the descriptive, correlational and experimental research, students doing thesis and dissertation in the qualitative kind are often met with setbacks and roadblocks in their journey towards thesis completion. Thus, qualitative research advisers are thrust into a role fraught with paradoxes: being an adviser who is basically a sentry of quality and academic rigor of the student’s scholarly work while also being a coach and mentor who is sage for the apprentice researchers guiding, helping, and building their self-concept as a qualitative researcher in the process. With such an important and delicate role as quality supervisor and qualitative research instructors, how can one become an effective qualitative research adviser that results to publication?
Guiding every research adviser and student through skills development, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. invite you to the International Webinar on Research Advising for Qualitative Research on March 25-27, 2021 (1:00 pm- 5:00 pm Philippine Standard Time, daily) via ZOOM Teleconferencing!
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To promote qualitative research to future researchers with equal value like that of the quantitative research;
- To develop expertise in transcribing and thematizing research data;
- To supervise the scientific publication of a qualitative research manuscript; and,
- To learn and apply the art of research advising for qualitative research.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2500 PhP. A discounted rate of 2000 PhP is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on March 24, 2021, Wednesday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online Confirmation Form through the following link: https://forms.gle/UmG7AJwb6zD7SqCP7
- Once complete confirmation details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant./li>
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Appearance. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
ABOUT THE RESOURCE SPEAKER
Dr. Alexander S. Acosta
Philippine School Doha
With such academic background and equally impressive skills to boot, Dr. Alexander S. Acosta has been the Principal for the Philippine School of Doha for more than 15 years. An indemand speaker, his speakership engagements are centered on topics about leadership and education. His research interests are in the qualitative and mixed-methods research design in the field of corporate and educational leadership as well as pedagogical approaches in education. Publications he authored and co-authored are published in Elsevier, Sage Publications and WIEGO, among others.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
MR. RUSSEL B. OBSIOMA
Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc.
+63917 721 7448
[email protected]/[email protected]
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.