Training-Workshop on Pedagogy in the Teaching of Statistics
October 10-12, 2019
Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines
The malpractice of research teachers and thesis mentors requiring students to fully entrust statistical treatments to pseudo-statisticians without knowledge and skill transfer has given way to research outputs with erroneous results, blatant claims in the conclusions and total disregard of statistical assumptions. To avoid these consequential effects of deficient statistical knowledge, how can one improve on the pedagogy of teaching statistics and become an effective research teacher and thesis mentor?
Aimed to capacitate every research teacher, the Asian Society of Teachers Inc. invites you to the Training Workshop on Pedagogy in the Teaching of Statistics on October 10-12, 2019 at the Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To determine the competencies of teachers who teach Statistics;
- To acquire correct understanding of statistical concepts which leads to correct applications; and
- To find non-parametric measures when assumptions of parametric tests are not complied.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos (REGULAR REGISTRATION RATE;) 6000 pesos (ONSITE REGISTRATION RATE) which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the articipating individual.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on October 3, 2019, Wednesday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union or MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy/andragogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 1,500 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.