Training-Workshop on Preparing Research Manuscripts for ISI/SCOPUS Publications
December 1-3, 2022
Pearlmont Hotel, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines
Highlighting research publication as imperative in the recruitment, promotion and tenure of academics, the aphorism “Publish or Perish” shapes the culture of research as well as academic reputation of colleges and universities. In the last few decades, journals indexed in the Web of Science (ISI, now Clarivate Analytics) and Scopus Elsevier are considered to be the gold standard of publishing. With a tedious vetting process, low acceptance and high rejection rates, how can researchers prepare their research manuscripts for publication in journals indexed by ISI (Clarivate Analytics)/Scopus?
Aimed to capacitate and guide every researcher in publication through skills development, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to the Training-Workshop on Preparing Research Manuscripts for ISI/Scopus Publications on December 1-3, 2022 (9:00 am -5:00 pm) at the Pearlmont Hotel, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR:
- To select a journal during the writing of the research proposal;
- To learn the publication standards and style of the chosen journal;
- To write and modify the parts and sections of the thesis/dissertation or research manuscript according to the requirements of the journal; and
- To prepare for editorial requirements for paper submission.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
For confirmed participants, please send the Confirmation Form in Microsoft Word/PDF file through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Online Confirmation for the Training-Workshop can also be done through filling out the form through https://forms.gle/bu2vjwy3etBShFUe7
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, registration ids and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- A LIST OF RECOMMENDED HOTELS will be issued as guidance to the participants reflecting the hotel address and contact information, estimated rate per night, and proximity to the hotel venue.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop. For onsite payments the following additional documents are required: Travel Order, Hotel Accommodation, and Flight Details, among others.
- Participants will receive four certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Participation, Attendance, and Appearance.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on November 26, 2022, Saturday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Palawan, USSC/Cebuana, Western Union, MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
Contact Number: +639177217448
GCash Payment (Bank Transfer)
Partner Bank: BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
Account Name: ASTR Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Send Receipt to: [email protected]
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia. Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc.