Training-Workshop on Statistics for Research Advisers and Panelists
December 5-7, 2019
Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines
Statistics is considered to be the grammar of science. Statistical methods and analyses are utilized to communicate research results, support the hypotheses, and give credibility to research methodology and conclusions. Guiding the students in establishing the credibility of their research outputs that could be published in indexed journals, how can one become an effective research adviser and nourishing research panelist?
Aiming to guide research advisers and panelists in research defense interpellation, the Asian Society of Teachers Inc. holds the Training-Workshop on Statistics for Research Advisers and Panelists on December 5-7, 2019 at the Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To acquire skills in the diagnosis of correct/defective statistical applications;
- To create a framework of data interpretation congruent to results of statistical testing; and
- To acquire coaching skills in the preparation of statistical data for tables, graphs, charts and the like; and
- To prepare diagnostic questions to be asked by research panelists on the statistical component of the methodology.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos (REGULAR REGISTRATION RATE; 6000 pesos (ONSITE REGISTRATION RATE) which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on November 27, 2019, Wednesday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union or MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy/andragogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 1,500 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.