Training-Workshop on the Global Strategies in Journal, Author, and Article Citation
August 21-23, 2019
The Pinnacle Hotel, Davao City, Philippines
Citation serves more purposes than simply naming the academic giants on whose shoulders researchers find themselves standing. Citations have become one objective and quantifiable measure of research utilization that solidifies the researcher’s reputation, dictates the journal article’s reliability and establishes journal quality. In today’s academic environment where citations, h-indeces, journal impact factors and journal metrics have become the currency of good science, a question persists: how do you get your articles and your journals cited?
Aimed to capacitate every research author and journal editor, the Asian Society of Teachers Inc. invites you to the Training Workshop on the Global Strategies in Journal, Author, and Article Citation on August 21-23, 2019 at The Pinnacle Hotel, Davao City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To develop strategies in ensuring that authors are cited for their publication;
- To adapt techniques on how a journal can be cited as scientific reference; and
- To determine the standards of indexing companies and how journals can pass their scrutiny.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos (REGULAR REGISTRATION RATE); 6000 pesos (ONSITE REGISTRATION RATE) which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on August 14, 2019, Wednesday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union or MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy/andragogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 1,500 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.