Training-Workshop on the Global Strategies in Journal, Author, and Article Citation
March 29-31, 2023
Selah Pods Hotel Manila, Pasay City, Philippine
Article citations, author indices, and journal impact factors have become the quantitative metric in defining the quality of articles, reputation of authors, and reliability of journals. From the hiring, tenure, and promotion of professors, securing of research funding and grants, publishing in high-impact journals, indexing of journals in top databases to even determining the world’s top ranked universities, citations, h-indices, and journal impact factors have been used as an objective reference in most of academic and scientific decisions. In a research environment where evaluation have revolved around these quantitative measures, how can researchers and journal editors get their articles and journals cited?
Capacitating every research author and journal editor through skills development, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to the face-to-face Training-Workshop on the Global Strategies in Journal, Article, and Author Citation on March 29-31, 2023 (9:00 am -5:00 pm) at the Selah Pods Hotel Manila, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING WORKSHOP:
- To develop strategies in ensuring that authors are cited for their publication;
- To adopt techniques on how a journal article can be cited as scientific reference; and
- To determine the standards of indexing companies and how journals can pass their scrutiny for better citation.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
For confirmed participants, please send the Confirmation Form in Microsoft Word/PDF file through email ([email protected]; [email protected]).
Online Confirmation for the Training-Workshop can also be done through filling out the form through https://forms.gle/2tNpegzgncLw9mt39
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, registration ids and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- A LIST OF RECOMMENDED HOTELS will be issued as guidance to the participants reflecting the hotel address and contact information, estimated rate per night, and proximity to the hotel venue.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop. For onsite payments the following additional documents are required: Travel Order, Hotel Accommodation, and Flight Details, among others.
- Participants will receive four certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Participation, Attendance, and Appearance.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on March 20, 2023, Monday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Palawan, USSC/Cebuana, Western Union, MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
Contact Number: +639177217448
GCash Payment (Bank Transfer)
Partner Bank: BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
Account Name: ASTR Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Send Receipt to: [email protected]
Note: Please send the GCASH screenshot which reflects SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED.
For more information, contact:
MR. RUSSEL B. OBSIOMA
Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc.
+63917 721 7448
[email protected]/[email protected]
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 3,500 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.