Trends and Best Practices in Research Teaching and Thesis Advising
February 22-24, 2023
Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines
A critical factor that spells the boon or bane of a student’s thesis/dissertation completion is the interplay between effective research teaching and competent research advising. Where research teachers provide students to a roadmap and blueprint of research processes and skills, thesis advisers guide the students in navigating the often challenging and treacherous research journey from research conceptualization to journal article publication. With emerging research methods, trends, and best practices, how can one become a research teacher and/or thesis adviser capable of leading students and advisees towards the completion and publication of their scholarly work?
Guiding every research teacher and thesis/dissertation adviser through skills development, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to the Training-Workshop on the Trends and Best Practices in Research and Thesis Advising on February 22-24, 2023 (9:00 am -5:00 pm) at the Castle Peak Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING WORKSHOP:
- To apply trends and best practices in teaching research that result to publication of outputs;
- To adopt technologies in literature search, evaluation of articles, documentation, plagiarism, grammar and vocabulary
- To develop expertise in structural and processual diagnosis of research manuscripts; and
- To supervise the scientific publication of a thesis manuscript and peer review compliance with students as co-author.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
For confirmed participants, please send the Confirmation Form in Microsoft Word/PDF file through email ([email protected]; [email protected]).
Online Confirmation for the Training-Workshop can also be done through filling out the form through https://forms.gle/5B4bzVpt7GzmZbbt5
- Registration Fee of the Training-Workshop is at 5500 pesos which is inclusive of two-day lunches, am and pm snacks, training materials, registration ids and certificates, among others. The participants are reminded that the Training-Workshop is in LIVEOUT arrangement and thus, the hotel accommodation during the Training-Workshop will be shouldered by the participating individual.
- A LIST OF RECOMMENDED HOTELS will be issued as guidance to the participants reflecting the hotel address and contact information, estimated rate per night, and proximity to the hotel venue.
- Confirmation of Participation should be signed reflecting the participant/s’ Full Name and Affiliation to reserve a slot for the Training-Workshop. For onsite payments the following additional documents are required: Travel Order, Hotel Accommodation, and Flight Details, among others.
- Participants will receive four certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Participation, Attendance, and Appearance.
- Deadline of the submission of Confirmation of Participation and payment is on February 13, 2022, Monday.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Palawan, USSC/Cebuana, Western Union, MLhuillier
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
Contact Number: +639177217448
GCash Payment (Bank Transfer)
Partner Bank: BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
Account Name: ASTR Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Send Receipt to: [email protected]
Note: Please send the GCASH screenshot which reflects SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED.
For more information, contact:
MR. RUSSEL B. OBSIOMA
Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc.
+63917 721 7448
[email protected]/[email protected]
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 3,500 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.