Webinar on Mixed Methods Sequential Explanatory Design
November 27-28, 2020
via ZOOM Teleconferencing
A preferred mixed methods design to researchers with strong quantitative leanings, the Sequential explanatory design is typically utilized to explain and interpret quantitative results by collecting and analyzing follow-up qualitative data. With a growing interest in the mixed methods research design, how can one design a study that utilized a research methodology which employs the strength of both qualitative and quantitative research?
To strengthen the capability of researchers, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc holds the virtual training-workshop on Webinar on Mixed Methods Sequential Explanatory Design on November 27-28, 2020 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily) with our Resource Speakers, Dr. Genaro V. Japos of the Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc and Dr. Imee C. Acosta of the Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR:
- To apply a research design that focuses on convergence of quantitative and qualitative data;
- To determine research areas that have potential for mixed methods design; and,
- To write mixed-methods sequential explanatory design in the Methods section of research.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2000 PhP. A discounted rate of 1500 PhP is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on November 25, 2020, Wednesday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online pre-registration through the following link: https://forms.gle/rU1Qm317qCoZNpDP6
- Once complete pre-registration details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant.
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Participation. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
RESOURCE SPEAKERS BIONOTE
Dr. Genaro Virador Japos
President, Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc.
A regular member of the National Research Council of the Philippines Division of Social Sciences, Dr. Japos holds five doctoral degreses in Education, Management, Human Resource Management, Instructional System and Organization Development. With a wide array of experience as Vice President for Research, Research Director, Editor and International Consultant, among others, he is a sought after speaker and facilitator of training workshops on research and publication.
Dr. Imee Colonia Acosta
Virginia Commonwealth University Doha, Qatar
A prolific author, researcher and speaker, among others, Dr. Acosta’s numerous endeavors reflects her penchant to research specifically the qualitative and mixed method kind. Currently, an Adjunct Instructor of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Arts, her paper on the effects of workplace abuses of migrant workers was published by WIEGO and awarded the Best Manuscript in the International Conference in Business and Social Sciences 2014 in Tokyo, Japan.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.