Webinar on the Andragogical Approach in the Teaching of Research
May 6-7, 2021
Via ZOOM Teleconferencing
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented a unique dichotomy in education: the largest disruption of educational systems in history and ironically, the acceleration of innovation in the education sector towards the digitalization of learning. From the physical four walls of the classroom to the digital interface of Google Meet and Zoom meetings, there is a significant paradigm shift in educational strategies from pedagogy (teacher-centered approach) to andragogy (learner-focused approach). Veering the bastion of learning from the helm of the teachers to the hands of the students, how can educators be acquainted with andragogy in the teaching of research; an alternative model which promotes a learner-focused education in research?
Aimed to capacitate every teacher in research instruction, the Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. invites you to the Webinar on the Andragogical Approach in the Teaching of Research on May 6-7, 2021 via ZOOM Teleconferencing
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING-WORKSHOP:
- To differentiate pedagogy from andragogy in the teaching of research;
- To transform the teaching method from teacher-focused to student-focused
- To apply andragogy in qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies; and
- To utilize global trends in the teaching of research
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2500 PhP. A discounted rate of 2000 PhP is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on May 4, 2021, Tuesday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online Confirmation Form through the following link: https://forms.gle/PFV22TZi5pPTqUxXA
- Once complete confirmation details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant./li>
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Appearance. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
MR. RUSSEL B. OBSIOMA
Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc.
+63917 721 7448
[email protected]/[email protected]
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.