Webinar on the Global Strategies in Journal, Author, and Article Citation
October 22-23, 2020
A cornerstone in the scientific process, bibliometric indicators such as the h-index for authors and impact factors for journals have become the currency of good science. Journal, article and author citations have become one objective and quantifiable measure of research productivity and utilization that solidifies the researcher’s reputation, dictates the journal article’s reliability, and establishes journal quality. In today’s academic milieu of close to two million new scientific papers published yearly in over 28,100 academic journals, a question persists: how do you get your articles and your journals cited?
Aimed to capacitate every research author and journal editor, the Asian Society of Teachers Inc. invites you to the Webinar on the Global Strategies in Journal, Author and Article Citation on October 22-23, 2020 (9:00 am -5:00 pm, daily) via ZOOM Teleconferencing.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR:
- To develop strategies in ensuring that authors are cited for their publication;
- To adapt techniques on how a journal can be cited as scientific reference; and
- To determine the standards of indexing companies and how journals can pass their scrutiny.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- The regular registration rate for the Webinar is at 2000 PhP. A discounted rate of 1500 PhP is given to individual and institutional members of the organization. Deadline for pre-registration and payment will be on October 21, 2020, Wednesday.
- Interested participants should fill out the online pre-registration through the following link: https://forms.gle/DTv6s54wDsH9qmcB9
- Once complete pre-registration details are received, we will be sending the interested participants the respective charge invoice for the pre-registration payment through bank/money transfer.
- Once payment has been made, please send us a copy of the deposit slip/transaction slip through email ([email protected]; [email protected]). Once confirmed, an acknowledgment email will be received by the participant.
- The official receipt of the confirmed payment will be sent through email.
- The participant should have a personal ZOOM account prior to the Webinar. Create one by signing up through this link: https://zoom.us/signup
- The ZOOM meeting ID and password as well as the details of the Webinar will be communicated through numerous advisories to the confirmed participants prior to the Webinar.
WEBINAR REQUIREMENTS AND POST WEBINAR CONCERNS
- The participant should have a mobile phone/laptop, stable internet connectivity and ZOOM account to participate in this Webinar. The Webinar will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for two days. A separate Webinar Outline is attached for your perusal.
- All files including powerpoint presentations (PPTs), forms, materials, and how-tos will be made available to the participants during and after the Webinar proper.
- You will receive three certificates for the Training-Workshop: Certificate of Completion, Attendance and Participation. All certificates will be digital and sent through email and uploaded in the official Facebook Page of the Asian Society of Teachers for Research, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/astr2016/). Should you wish for a physical copy, a minimal amount of shipping fee will be shouldered by the participant.
RESOURCE SPEAKER BIONOTE
Dr. Ferdinand E. Bulusan is an educator serving in different capacities as a book author, research consultant, editor and peer reviewer of Scopus and Web of Science Indexed Journals, and perennial trainer and resource speaker on campus journalism, research methods and publication, teaching strategies and instructional materials development, among others.
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: ASIAN SOCIETY OF TEACHERS FOR RESEARCH INC
Account Number: 8991-0004-62
Western Union, MLhuillier, Palawan, USSC
Name of Recipient: Russel B. Obsioma
Address: 4-2F Montblanc Bldg., 848 Burgos-Chaves Sts., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 9000
For more information, contact:
The Asian Society of Teachers for Research Inc. is an organization devoted to the advancement of pedagogy in the teaching of research in all academic levels. Established in 2015, it has over 2,100 members from the Philippines and all over Asia.