WEBINAR ON BEST PRACTICES IN ONLINE TEACHING AND BLENDED LEARNING
June 21-22, 2021
9:00AM – 5:00PM via ZOOM
The onset of COVID shut down regular classes. Teachers were mostly caught unprepared. Many teachers used online modality and modules for the first time. Migration to blended learning was swift and urgent. Hence, trial and error triggered an onslaught of problems of teacher control and student engagement. This training presents the best practices for successful teaching under new normal with insights on how to use research to measure teaching and learning effectiveness.
The webinar objectives are to:
- Elicit the experiences of teachers on online teaching;
- Draw-out challenges in blended learning;
- Share best practices to insure success in teaching under new normal; and
- Explore research methods for online teaching and blended learning.
Prof. Mary Gretchen F. Chaves graduated BS Business Management (cum laude) and Master of Management (Business Management) from UP Cebu College. Through a UP Faculty Fellowship, Prof. Chaves obtained her Doctor of Business Administration (with distinction) from the Graduate School of Business, De La Salle University Manila.
Prof. Chaves is a full time faculty member of the Business Management Cluster. She handles courses on business management specifically Marketing Research, Marketing Management, General Management both in the undergraduate (BS Management) and graduate (MBA) programs. She also conducts commissioned business and market intelligence/research studies. She engages in business and marketing consulting, from IT start-ups (UP Cebu TBI) to property management, to business processes among business service organizations. Prof. Chaves likewise handles trainings on marketing/consumer-related and business/ management issues and research. She also designs, facilitates, documents, ideation sessions, focus group discussions, and packages marketing plans and feasibility studies, among others. Her publications are on the areas of consumer behavior and management education. Prof. Chaves has held various leadership and membership in standing and college committees of UP Cebu. She also actively participates in curricular revision and design of the management programs.
From 2010 to 2012, Prof. Chaves took leadership and coordinated with the various business schools in Cebu in the Obra-Negosyo-Eskwela Countryside Enterprise Business Upliftment program, a collaboration of the Mandaue Chamber of Commerce and the Cebu Province, together with the business schools. The program landed as a finalist in the 2013 World Chamber Competition, under the category “Best Small Business Project,” with its write-up application citing one of the published papers of Dr. Chaves on entrepreneurial experiential learning.
Dr. Genaro Virador Japos is the first Filipino scholar to hold a distinction as holder of five doctoral degrees in Education, Management, Human Resource Management, Instructional System, and Organization Development. He is a regular member of the National Research Council of the Philippines Division of Social Sciences. A finalist of Metrobank Search for Outstanding Teacher, he has conducted trainings and conferences in the Philippines and 20 other countries. He was Dean of Father Saturnino Urios University and Vice President and Director of Research at Liceo de Cagayan University. He has managed journals which were accredited by the Commission on Higher Education and indexed by Thomson Reuters, Cengage Gayle, Proquest, Ebsco Host and the Philippine Electronic Journals. He is a visiting professor of public and private universities. He is a published and cited author. Dr. Japos is currently the Professorial Chair of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines and consultant of the Philippine Electronic Journals, the largest aggregator of the Philippine based online journals.
The regular registration fee is 2,500.00PHP. Discounted rate of 2,000PHP will be applied for individual members. Deadline of registration will be on June 19, 2021.
- All interested participants must fill-up the online registration via the link provided:
By accomplishing the pre-registration form, you thereby committed to attend and settle the required registration fee for the webinar.
- Once we receive your filled-out google form, we will be sending you a charge invoice reflecting the details of the mode of payment chosen.
- Once registration payment has been made, please send us the copy of the deposit slip or proof of transaction via email ([email protected]).
- Once your participation is confirmed, we will be sending you our Meeting ID and Password for the Webinar.
- Please make sure to create a Zoom Account by visiting https://zoom.us/signup.
Participants will be needing a Mobile Phone or Laptop, Zoom Account and internet connection to participate on this Webinar. The Webinar will run for two consecutive days July 15- 16, 2020.
- Participant will be receiving three e-certificates: Certificate of Completion, Participation and Attendance.
- We will be providing official receipt for the registration sent via email. Should you request for the original copy of the official receipt, we could send it via LBC with a minimal shipping fee of P145.00 that will be shouldered by the participant.
- All soft copies of the files/materials used during the webinar will be sent via email after the webinar.
Payment through Bank:
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: International Association of Scholarly Publishers, Editors and Reviewers, Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0002-76 (Peso Checking Account)
Payment through Western Union or MLhuillier:
Name of Recipient: Gayle T. Salalima
Address: 4-2f Montblanc Bldg. 848., Burgos corner Chavez Sts., Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Philippines
MS. GAYLE T. SALALIMA
Conference and Training Specialist
+63 (088) 323-4282 (landline) or +63917-713-6816 (mobile)