WEBINAR ON META-SYNTHESIS: PRINCIPLES, METHODS AND PROCESS OF SYNTHESIZING QUALITATIVE RESEARCH LITERATURE
July 15-16, 2021
9:00AM – 5:00PM via ZOOM
Qualitative research continues to grow all over the Philippines and beyond. More and more qualitative research studies are being published and produced as theses and dissertations. There is a growing need to synthesize research from the several primary qualitative research studies to understand better what is happening in different fields of study. Meta-synthesis is the qualitative research design that is helpful in this area. This is why this webinar is organized to equip qualitative researchers and qualitative research enthusiasts with the needed knowledge and skills to conduct a meta-synthesis. Some prerequisite knowledge in qualitative research is highly recommended (but not required) to participate in this webinar training.
The webinar objectives are to:
- Understand what meta-synthesis is.
- Discover how to design a meta-synthesis.
- Explore how to conduct a meta-synthesis.
- Discuss how to analyze and interpret meta-synthesis data.
- Reflect on ensuring quality in meta-synthesis.
Dr. Safary Wa-Mbaleka is an American educator and researcher from Orlando, Florida, USA. He is specialized in the fields of curriculum and instruction, applied linguistics, online education, and qualitative research. He is currently the Director of AUA Online, which is the department of online education for the Adventist University of Africa, in Nairobi, Kenya, where he also teaches leadership classes and research classes. He has taught at several universities in the USA, Puerto Rico, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Myanmar, Thailand, Philippines, and now in Kenya. He has authored and co-authored more than 40 journal articles in national and international peer-reviewed journals, and more than 10 books and book chapters. He has delivered several conference presentations and research seminars around the Philippines, the USA, Portugal, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, the Bahamas, Belize, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Cambodia, Malaysia, Italy, Macau, Singapore, and Thailand. Dr. Safary holds 2 doctorates and 3 master’s degrees mainly from the USA. He is currently the editor of 2 international peerreviewed journals in the Philippines and Kenya. He is a peer reviewer of several national and international journals in the Philippines, Thailand, Kenya, Portugal, and the USA. He is the founding president of the Asian Qualitative Research Association, the only known very active qualitative research association in the whole Asia today. He is also a co-editor of a new qualitative research handbook to be published by SAGE publishers. He is passionate about research, higher education teaching, writing, travel and multicultural exploration.
The regular registration fee is 2,500.00PHP. Discounted rate of 2,000PHP will be applied for individual members. Deadline of registration will be on July 14, 2021.
- All interested participants must fill-up the online registration via the link provided: https://forms.gle/gvtC2yac2a95zkWp9. By accomplishing the pre-registration form, you had thereby committed to attend and settle the required registration fee for the webinar.
- Once we receive your filled-out google form, we will be sending you a charge invoice reflecting the details of the mode of payment chosen.
- Once registration payment has been made, please send us the copy of the deposit slip or proof of transaction via email ([email protected]).
- Once your participation is confirmed, we will be sending you our Meeting ID and Password for the Webinar.
- Please make sure to create a Zoom Account by visiting https://zoom.us/signup.
Participants will be needing a Mobile Phone or Laptop, Zoom Account and internet connection to participate on this Webinar. The Webinar will run for two consecutive days July 15- 16, 2020.
- Participant will be receiving three e-certificates: Certificate of Completion, Participation and Attendance.
- We will be providing official receipt for the registration sent via email. Should you request for the original copy of the official receipt, we could send it via LBC with a minimal shipping fee of P145.00 shouldered by the participant.
- All soft copies of the files/materials used during the webinar will be sent via email after the webinar.
Payment through Bank:
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: International Association of Scholarly Publishers, Editors and Reviewers, Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0002-76 (Peso Checking Account)
Payment through Western Union or MLhuillier:
Name of Recipient: Gayle T. Salalima
Address: 4-2f Montblanc Bldg. 848., Burgos corner Chavez Sts., Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Philippines
MS. GAYLE T. SALALIMA
Conference and Training Specialist
+63 (088) 323-4282 (landline) or +63917-713-6816 (mobile)