WEBINAR ON SCIENTIFIC WRITING FOR QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE STUDIES: ISI AND SCOPUS STANDARDS
February 22-23, 2021
9:00AM – 5:00PM via ZOOM
In the world ranking of universities, publications of faculty in Scopus place a vital role in evaluating the research strength of schools. Thus, the Philippines also patronized Scopus in its bid to join the world ranking of universities. Today, faculty ranking and promotion require publications from Scopus. Hence, this webinar provides valuable lessons and skills on how to publish in Scopus journals.
The webinar objectives are to:
- Describe the new wave of global demand for Scopus publications;
- Determine the standards of Scopus publications;
- Enhance the participants’ quality of scientific writing for acceptability in international publications
- Prepare manuscript for submissions; and
- Handle the peer review process.
Parts of a Scientific Paper: Anatomy of a Publishable Paper
PART A – The Elsevier Scopus and ISI Standards
PART B – IASPER Style Sheet
The training shall introduce internationally recognized standards in writing a scientific paper and the inclusion of technology-based parameters for article ID and referencing. After which, participants are encouraged to write or re-write their existing research article based on the standards presented.
The Pathologies in Writing Scientific Papers
The training shall highlight common errors in writing a scientific paper through introducing diagnostic measures and steps on how to remedy them. Some of the common errors that will be addressed during the training are verb tenses, grammatical blunders, mistakes in results, grammar and spelling, quotes, referencing and others.
Examining a Scientific Paper: The Peer Reviewer’s View Point
The training shall teach participants on how to review their article through a peer reviewer’s perspective and teach them how to use self-administered quality assurance forms
Subsuming Statistical Analyses in Results and Discussion for a Well Written Article in International Publications
The training shall introduce standards for a better result and discussion and to identify which tables or data are important to include in the discussion.
The regular registration fee is 2,500.00PHP. Discounted rate of 2,000PHP will be applied for individual members. Deadline of registration will be on January 25, 2021.
Technology Based Quality Assurance for Publishable Research Articles
The training shall help participants to do thorough quality assurance measures through the use of existing technology. This will enable the participants to learn new trends in quality assurance and teach them how to do a plagiarism check and grammar check.
Dr. Genaro Virador Japos is the first Filipino scholar to hold a distinction as holder of five doctoral degrees in Education, Management, Human Resource Management, Instructional System, and Organization Development. He is a regular member of the National Research Council of the Philippines Dividion of Social Sciences. A finalist of Metrobank Search for Outstanding Teacher, he has conducted trainings and conferences in the Philippines and 20 other countries. He was Dean of Father Saturnino Urios University and Vice President and Director of Research at Liceo de Cagayan University. He has managed journals which were accredited by the Commission on Higher Education and indexed by Thomson Reuters, Cengage Gayle, Proquest, Ebsco Host and the Philippine Electronic Journals. He is a visiting professor of public and private universities. He is a published and cited author. Dr. Japos is currently the Professorial Chair of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines and consultant of the Philippine Electronic Journals, the largest aggregator of the Philippine based online journals.
The regular registration fee is 2,500.00PHP. Discounted rate of 2,000PHP will be applied for individual members. Deadline of registration will be on February 20, 2021.
- All interested participants must fill-up the online registration via the link provided: https://forms.gle/8JXfuPeWwPc493wXA. By accomplishing the pre-registration form, you had thereby committed to attend and settle the required registration fee for the webinar.
- Once we receive your filled-out google form, we will be sending you a charge invoice reflecting the details of the mode of payment chosen.
- Once registration payment has been made, please send us the copy of the deposit slip or proof of transaction via email ([email protected]).
- Once your participation is confirmed, we will be sending you our Meeting ID and Password for the Webinar.
- Please make sure to create a Zoom Account by visiting https://zoom.us/signup.
Participants will be needing a Mobile Phone or Laptop, Zoom Account and internet connection to participate on this Webinar. The Webinar will run for two consecutive days September 4-5, 2020.
- Participant will be receiving three e-certificates: Certificate of Completion, Participation and Attendance.
- We will be providing official receipt for the registration sent via email. Should you request for the original copy of the official receipt, we could send it via LBC with a minimal shipping fee of P145.00 shouldered by the participant.
- All soft copies of the files/materials used during the webinar will be sent via email after the webinar.
Payment through Bank:
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Address: Georgetown Cybermall, RN Pelaez Blvd. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City 9000
Account Name: International Association of Scholarly Publishers, Editors and Reviewers, Inc.
Account Number: 8991-0002-76 (Peso Checking Account)
Payment through Western Union or MLhuillier:
Name of Recipient: Gayle T. Salalima
Address: 4-2f Montblanc Bldg. 848., Burgos corner Chavez Sts., Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Philippines
MS. GAYLE T. SALALIMA
Conference and Training Specialist
+63 (088) 323-4282 (landline) or +63917-713-6816 (mobile)